Monday, September 10, 2012

Emailing from Cape Town


Mholo from Cape Town!

Landed a few hours ago. Its been good to see some elders I haven’t seen for a while, especially Elder Wolfgramm (he is training too). Got the update of what is going on in Cleary. I guess a guy we where teaching named Amos, a friend of Duwayne’s was stabbed and killed! Thats a bummer. Sounds like Duwayne is doing really well. Should be getting the Melchizedek priesthood soon. The other people we taught when I was there sounds like there are all in various stages of non-progression.  

Elder Swenson is going to be heading to Grahmstown to be with Elder Khoni, I thought that might happen and I was excited to hear that. Elder Khoni is sweet guy and will be a good comp for Swenson.

Yeah, I am still in a boarding with Elder Hama and his greenie, Elder Madsen, who I am starting to like a lot. 

As for what happened in our area, I am honestly struggling a little bit to think of anything significant. Those girls still didn’t come to church, and so I think when I go back I need to just tell them that if they want to keep meeting with us, we can make an appointment when they come to church. If feel like this last transfer has been a little bit of a struggle in terms of really any one progressing much. Fortunately we have some good appointments lined up for me and my new companion. I hope some of these new people will move forward. I still have hope that some of those girls will be baptized, they just need a little bit of tough love I think. I think we just need to adjust our approach a little, and I am welcoming this little trip to Cape Town to kinda have a mental break and then redouble our efforts when I get back. We got to take Tina fellowshipping again at least once this week, we where really blessed to have found her.

So I will be getting some training tonight, then working somewhere in Cape Town tomorrow. On Wednesday I meet my greenie and flying back to East London with him. I will try to take lots of pictures, I might need to buy more batteries. Well, that’s about all. Thank you for the advice and encouragement and especially the prayers. Have a great week!

Love, 
Elder Martin 

No comments:

Post a Comment