Monday, September 24, 2012

The area is picking up...


Well, this week was pretty good. I am really enjoying my time a lot working with Elder Gillespie. He has got a good sense of humor, we are similar in a lot of interests, and he has got some good insights already on how to help the area. I think he is my favorite companion so far. 

The area is also picking up. There has been some re-emphasis on the rules regarding single sisters, you used to be able to teach them outside or in a public place is there was not another male present, but as I understand, in response to some comments made by Elder Cook, the policy is now you can’t teach unless there is a male present. This is kinda of a hard rule, but as we have strived to keep it our teaching pool has become a lot more male-dominant, which is good. 

One good experience we had this week is that a guy named Trevor (from Zimbabwe) flagged us down as we were driving and asked why missionaries had stopped seeing him. I had actually met this guy a while ago on P-Day and he asked the same question but he was living in another area at the time and I kinda spaced on passing the details on (he was also living in a township area that the Elders there prefer not to work in) anyway, we have taught him a couple of times this last week. Sounds like he was taught some, given a Baptismal date, but because of transfers kinda fell through the cracks, and where he was living then was very far from the church. But now he lives relatively close, and he still wants to baptized and accepted another date. he came to church but missed sacrament because he went to the wrong church and realized after and hour that we weren’t there and called us. So that has been a highlight of the week I think. We have talked to some other people this last week who seemed like they could be promising, we will see how they progress. 

The running is progressing, we ran 5k this morning, but pretty slowly. Its a work in progress. 

Well, thats kinda all I got for the week. Love you all,

Elder Martin 

No comments:

Post a Comment