Well this morning was fun.
To explain what I mean about more powerful P-days, I mean actually using the time effectively for recreation, not just playing a few hours of soccer at the end. It just takes some planning. Today we went with the MD zone to Mpongo. It was a great day at the game park and we saw some rhinos (not something you see in every game park) and they let us play with two lion cubs for FREE. Pictures included. It was sweet. The cubs they had there last time are a lot bigger now, it was surprising.
This week was pretty good, I guess. Church was a little disappointing, because we called and talked to like four people the morning who said they would come. Usually when you call them in the morning (often waking them up) they always come, but none came which was too bad. One of our investigators, Sinazo, who I mentioned a while back is apparently 8 months pregnant! I can barely tell she is preggers. She will go home in a week, hopefully the baby waits until then.
Another experience I thought was cool this week is that one night, it was around 8, we were headed to RC to teach after a dinner appointment. There was a traffic stop, I think looking for drunk drivers (a problem here). We got stopped, Elder Gillespie was driving, and the officer asked for is license that he forgot his at the flat. But he just let us go, which I thought was pretty miraculous.
We have really been enjoying teaching Aviwe, who is pretty sharp and is quickly developing a testimony. He is a student and is basically in the middle of “finals weeks” and so he has been pretty busy. He will go home to King Williams Town next week, but fortunately there are missionaries there who can teach him.
I am enjoying preparing district meeting every week, I feel that I learn a lot and that I definitely receive revelation while doing so. I am trying my best to be a good leader. I really need to try to better include elder Strauss, but I am not exactly sure how. Its not like I am trying too hard though, I need to do better.
Anyway, well I love you all, have a great week!
-Elder Martin





No comments:
Post a Comment