Monday, October 29, 2012

A new District Leader


Well, this was a good week. 

Elder Madsen returned with his greenie. He is from Pretoria. He really likes a clean flat, and he always wants the car doors locked when we drive. But he seems like a nice guy. I guess was really into SA version of Boy Scouts. He is a little older, 22, which I think is maybe why he is with Elder Madsen. I am going to have to work to include him in the district. Me and the other guys are pretty similar in background and interest, so we kinda jell pretty easily, but I don’t want Elder Strauss to feel like an outsider.

The week was good though. I enjoyed preparing District meeting, and I feel like I am using my new found responsibility to make some good changes in certain aspects of the district. I think we will begin to have powerful preparation days now. 

We are really starting to have some good investigators, just in time for them to leave. One young man, Avuilye, has accepted a baptismal invitation but we didn’t give him a date cause he will going to King Williams Town in two week, but fortunately there is a ward there with Missionaries. Another guy we taught this week that is starting to do really well is a guy named Immanuel, from Zimbabwe, who is also a student. We gave him a BOM and he said he had seen one of them in his home and really wondered what it was. He is going home soon too, but I guess he lives right next to a chapel so that’s good as well. 

Trevor, our only current investigator with a baptismal date, is fortunately not moving anymore, or at least for another month, so we hope to baptize him on the 18th of November. He has kinda going through a rough patch with his housing situation, but I think he has got it sorted out now. Elder Gillespie gave him a blessing on Thursday. His only issue is that he works till like 6 in the morning as a waiter at a casino, so I guess the only way for him to make it to church is to stay up, if he goes to sleep he can’t get up. 

Anyway, things are good hear in South Africa, love you all and thank you for the prayers, I definitely need them. 

-Elder Martin 

No comments:

Post a Comment