Monday, January 21, 2013

Training Again


My new companion is named Elder Hale from Atlanta, Georgia. He is a cool guy, is in to surfing and is in a Punk-Reggae band. We have talked a lot about BYUH. He kinda hopes to go there after mission. He has got a really good attitude and has already made a lot of progress, and he has only been in the field like 5 days.

Another change in my responsibility was my district now only consists of the Fish Hoek elders now, not Meadowridge and Fish Hoek. Also, because neither of the Elders assigned there have licenses, the area has been made a biking area. I was in the car when the Zone Leaders broke the news to them. It was pretty funny.

Transfer day is always fun, I got to see a lot of missionaries, including Elder Gillespie, who is now in Mitchel’s Plain and Elder Jones who is also here in Cape Town. 

Saturday was zone training. I have seen president a lot this week. The training kinda surprised me. Usually zone training is like a soul rattling call to repentance, or at least something to kinda deal with missionary conduct, but it was actually about the Book of Mormon’s role in gathering Israel. It was really interesting and pretty deep as well. He gave us a lot of things to study and I feel that I really am starting to understand what the gathering of Israel means, and my role in it. It was a sweet training. 

I am worried about the Le Grange family. We weren’t really able to see them this week, and they didn’t come church again. I guess maybe they will require a lot of work on our part. But I guess that’s fine. Maybe my expectations were just a little high after we invited them to be baptized. They have two sons, one 2 years old, the other 2 months old. 

Brother Sharington is doing really well and has come to church for three weeks in a row. He buys us a bottle of cool drink for us every time we come, which I told him he didn’t need to do. I got a 15 minute lecture about how he needed to do that. He is so humble and very kind. He thanks us a million times every time we go and see him.

Anyway, well that was about the week, love you lots, have a great day!

Love,
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment