Wednesday, November 6, 2013

More

Well, I promised I would write more. So MLC turned out to be a general success despite some of the hiccups. I wish I was a little more organized, I don’t think President was super happy about some of the bumps. Some of them were out of our control but some of them I just kinda forgot to organize. I am going to make a lot more lists for the rest of the transfer. We did get to be part of a SACTM legend, 6 Zone Leaders flying to Durban [which is in a different mission]. It was great to see Elder Nkosi again, he is seriously one of my best friends and one of the best missionaries in this mission. 

Another funny thing that happened on Monday is that we were trying to iron out the kinks with all the flights while we were getting ready to do the zone leader hike (we hiked around some trails not far from Fish Hoek). We didn’t have cell reception so we had to drive down the mountain a little and then we had to make all these calls, while we were doing that President left on the hike thinking we could catch up, and he gave us directions, that sounded a lot like “Go straight the whole time.” Anyway so the kinks took a little more ironing then we thought so by the time we started we were like 20 mins behind. I misunderstood the directions, so instead of taking like the small gravel road we were supposed to hike on we took like the single track and hiked up like over a mountain, till I could finally see the group way off in the distance and we were able to find them, but we ended up hiking significantly more then the Zone Leaders did. All in all it was a nice experience though, a beautiful day and some nice exercise. 

The meetings were nice. I learned a lot. One training that really surprised me was training about basically the pride of the righteous persecuting the wicked in the mission. President read a letter from a not to be named (but I know who it was) missionary who is pretty well known in the mission for his disobedience. Anyway, the letter discussed the struggles missionaries face when the obedient missionaries gossip about and criticize other missionaries past mistakes, making it difficult for them to change. For various reasons I doubt the sincerity of the letter, but it does raise a valid issues and problem I have definitely been a big part of. It was a little eye opening for me as President explained how discussing what you have heard about missionaries doing bad things is a manifestation of pride because you are comparing your obedience to their disobedience. I guess I have some repenting to do. The training went on to talk about how when missionaries are struggling with obedience, they need support, not judgement, and we talked about ways to do that. 

We will have a few more days here, and then Monday we take off to do the East London-Queenstown-Mthatha part of our mission tour, and then we found out today we will actually need to drive up a car to PE. So we will come back and drive a car to PE to replace one that was wrecked. I am pretty excited about this cause I’ll get to see Elder Hale and Raymond Ndlovu in George. 

We had a really sweet lesson with our best investigator, Bro Zizi today. His wife and daughter are returning LAs [less active] and he is on date for baptism on the 1st of December. We taught him the Plan of Salvation today, and while I am pretty sure he has taught it before, I think it was really eye opening for him, and he had some great insights. I think sometimes when we teach people the plan of salvation they don’t always grasp all the implications, but I could tell we blew his mind a few times today. It was pretty cool, he is pretty Golden. 

Anyway, well I am going to hit the sack!


Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment