Mholo
Well, this week has been good. There has kinda been some ups and downs this week, but I am feeling very positive and happy today and I think everything is going to be OK. First, update on the Quincey thing. We got a nice call from President Wood last Monday night making sure there wasn’t any issue and giving us some counsel on how to handle the situation. I had reported she was here to President, and he was his usually jolly self about it so I didn’t feel like it was a big deal, and he said if I wasn’t worried about it he wasn’t either. On Sunday she did try to call me Kaleb a few times and I kinda rebuked her and said “No, my name is Elder Martin now” I hope I didn’t hurt her feelings. Anyway, so I am not really worried about that anymore, I think everything will be fine.
I am amazed at how strong this ward is. Its got 192 members on record and church attendance is between 120 and 140 (compared to the Cleary branch, with 250 members on record and only 60 to 70 showing up). All the ward missionaries have little ward missionary pins to wear. The Teachers and Deacons quorum presidents sit on the stand in priesthood, and the Young Mens president refers to them as president. They have like 4 missionaries out and a lot preparing to go. This week was a ward temple trip, and there is another one in December for the youth. Its got to be one of the strongest wards in the mission. The bishop is a young afrikaans returned missionary who gets things done! Its good to be serving in a ward where bringing investigators to church isn’t scary.
We have also taken a lot of young men preparing for missions with us this week for fellowshipping. Its a school holiday right now so they are out of university. They are all sweet guys and I have enjoyed taking them to lessons with us, and they are very willing to go.
Our teaching is going OK. Our teaching pool is like entirely YSA [young single adult] women and like 12 year old boys. One investigator, named Tina, is a referral from one of the guys we take fellow shipping a lot. She is a sweet girl and has come to church twice. She is still working on getting a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, but I know she will and that when she does she will be baptized. Hopefully we can find some father led families or at least some YSA men to teach soon.
Interesting experience on Saturday. We drove like half an hour to this sister who lives way out on this farm with her less active husband. It wasn’t what I would call productive missionary time spent, which was a little frustrating, but it was certainly entertaining. They run like a wildlife rescue, so they have all kinds of animals running around, like 4 donkeys, a bunch of emus and even an ostrich. There were 6 dogs chasing the ostrich and the sister had to pull me out of the way cause I didn’t see it running at me. They would be much at home in Idaho.Anyway, it was an interesting time. I forgot my camera but next time we go there I will be sure to bring it.
Anyway, well that has been about it this week. I know our Heavenly Father answers our prayers. I hope you all have a great week.
Love,
Elder Martin
No comments:
Post a Comment