Dear Family,
It was a good week this week. Me and Elder Gillespie had the opportunity to teach quite a bit this week, which was really nice. Unfortunately, we are also struggling a little bit to really get anyone to progress. All the students are about to leave in a few weeks, so we are hesitant to really extend any baptismal dates because they will be leaving in November. Some of them to places where there is no church. But we are working hard, and I come home pretty exhausted every night.
One kinda funny experience is Saturday we had our exchange with the Assistants to the Presidents. Well, it wasn’t really an exchange, cause they are so swamped with trying to see all the new elders, we were just in a threesome with one for a few hours. We had thought we scheduled some solid appointments for that time. But sure enough, the curse of the exchange bit us and they all started falling through. We even confirmed with one of them, and we went to her friends place, where she said she was, but like all her friends were getting ready for some banquet. Of course I had arranged two fellowshipers (Tina and our ward mission leader) to come with us. So we were not sure what to do, so we ended up delivering a Finding Faith in Christ DVD to a girl that had ordered one. It was interesting cause one of our investigators who had dropped was also there. You can’t escape from the Missionaries! So that worked out ok, we watched the DVD with her and her friend.
We also found out one of our “investigators” is actually a member. He works at the same restaurant as our ward mission leader and I guess they were talking and he was surprised we were able to find him. This is not the first time in the 3rd Ward since I have been here as an member has posed as an investigator. I don’t really understand why it happens, my theory is that they feel to guilty to say go away, but they don’t want to own up to being members cause they are super less active. Its cool because that is not the first LA we have found kinda miraculously.
Tonight we have new Elder Training, starting at like 4:30. I am kinda jealous, if I would have trained a transfer earlier, we would have been in Cape Town right now, but because Elder Gillespie’s group is so big we loose out on like 2 hours of our P-Day. I am excited for the training we will receive, and Zone Training and Interviews on Wednesday, and then Conference this weekend.
I got a letter from Duwayne this week. It was pretty funny, sounds like he is doing well. I guess he should be getting the Melchizedek priesthood next month, and is still set on serving a mission. that was nice to hear.
Anyway, things are going alright, I am just working hard and trying to do my best. I am excited for this week, I think it will be refreshing and encouraging between the trainings and conference, and then the transfer will be over and hopefully transfers will bring some refreshing changes. Anyway, well I love you all, have a great week!
Love,
Elder Martin
![]() |
| Plaque at Mowbray Chapel citing Samuel Martin's tithing. |
![]() |
| Elder Kaleb Martin in East London. |
![]() |
| Elders Martin and Khoni |
![]() |
| (The backs of) Elders Hama and Madsen at a pier in their area. |




No comments:
Post a Comment