Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Traditions


As for how this week was, other then all that junk it was good. The office has been out of Finding Faith in Christ DVDs. They just got some, so we got 15 this week to deliver, so we have taught quite a bit this week. This was also Elder Hale’s week to be basically senior companion and he did very well, he has grown a lot, and I realized maybe I have not recognized it. I have had a lot of fun with him, he is a funny guy. We have done some great work together. I think I am going to miss him. 

Lets see, what else happened this week. Our ward is planning like a talent show and Braai with the hope of getting members to bring friends. It is scheduled for the end of next month but it looks like its off to a good start. The activity is mostly Elder Hale’s idea, so its would kinda be a bummer if he gets transferred before it happens. Anyway, that been about the week.

Love, Elder Martin 

Editor’s Note: Much of what Elder Martin wrote this week related to some frustration with some “people” circumstances. We can’t risk offending the guilty or the innocent. I included some additional content below that Elder Martin sent me when I asked about Easter traditions in South Africa.

Yeah, we use Easter a little bit [in our door approaches], but maybe not as much as we should. Easter is a much bigger deal here, I think. Today is “Family Day” a public holiday and Good Friday is also a public holiday. Alistair’s wife, Helen, who is Anglican was appalled that its not a holiday in the states. The whole bunny thing [part of Easter] is here a little but not nearly as much [as the US]. They eat pickled fish here, that is an especially a colored tradition. 

I have also been watching the bible videos. Me and Elder Hale fell asleep to them last night (we have them on DVD, the institute coordinator in Cape Town made them a distributed them to all the missionaries). They are pretty cool. 

Anyway, and winter is coming to the Cape, the weather has been pretty lousy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment