Well this week was a little slow, at least at first. Zone Training really wasn’t that exciting. The zone leader bit was stuff we had already been over in District Meetings, and President didn’t give any training this time, which was a big bummer for me because I always learn a ton and/or feel the need to repent a lot. But this time, Elder Van Gass (this name makes me laugh, its Afrikaans) the Mental Health Adviser for the Africa- South East (and West, and Middle-East) area gave a training about different mental health challenges missionaries face and what to look out for in yourself in and others. Other then self diagnosing myself with OCD, I didn’t get a whole lot out of it. My interview was fine thought, President said some nice things about me.
As for everything else, let me try to think what happened this week...on Wednesday I went on exchanges with Elder Ndlovu, which was a lot of fun. He is a funny guy and a good teacher, unfortunately most of our quality appointments dropped. We had a really nice dinner appointment with Brother Saul. He asked me what I missed and I said “Mexican food” so he made a nice big Mexican spread for the missionaries. Its still wasn’t quite right, but it was pretty good.
We had a lot of dropped appointments this week, at least earlier, so we tracted a lot. I feel like I have met just about everybody in Ocean View at this point, but I think we found some interested people. Saturday was good, we had another appointment with Lorraine and Andile. We taught them, I think, two weeks ago. They are a awesome family but the last time we taught them Andile kinda didn’t agree with idea of three degrees of glory, which he felt wasn’t biblical. But our appointment on Saturday was really good, we talked a lot about the Book of Mormon and I think they finally understood that they really need to read the Book of Mormon in order to know if its true or not. They have been asking friends about the Book of Mormon, and they all tell him they don’t think its true, but also none of them have read it and don’t really know anything about it, which she recognizes. We have read a couple of different parts with them and they have liked everything we have read. I pray they actually read it on their own now. I am not sure how a Christian could actually read the Book of Mormon and not think its true.
This Friday we have our talent show, which we are excited about. We invited Lorriane and Andile and they were really excited about it. As a district we are singing I hope They call me on a Mission, but with or own lyrics. Which I still need to write. I’ll try to record it so I can send it to da fam. It should be pretty funny.
Sherrington left for Malawi on Thursday. It’s about a week long journey to his village by bus. He has three children there (he is 39) and hasn’t seen them in two years. He will be gone for a month, so he will probably only get back after I leave. Agnus, his wife, came to church this Sunday all by herself! I was pretty excited about that. I am sure she will get baptized when Sherrington gets back.
Emailing late again today because we climbed Table. Our zone leaders bailed because one of them was sick, and so I was appointed in charge. It sucked, like herding cats. It was fun though. Anyway, well Love you all!
Oh-yeah got the package. It was awsome!
-Elder Martin
And this [below] is me saying “goodbye” to Sherrington and Agnus. And no, I have no idea why he is wearing that shirt. Malawians are pretty innocent and I think someone gave it to him so he was like “free shirt”
![]() |
| Agnus, Sherrington, and Elder Martin |
![]() |
| Elders Kintu, Martin, Ndlovu, and Burton on Table Mountain, overlooking Cape Town |


No comments:
Post a Comment