I will be a Zone Leader with Elder Washburn. I have met him a few times before, he is headed home in six weeks. He is cool, and I think we will get along well. I am pretty stoked to get back to my roots and see my peeps in Cleary again. It’s been almost a year since I saw those people. Crazy how the time goes. Wednesday is transfer day, so that’s when I’ll fly out.
Yesterday was a lot of fun, its was great to see the whole family. We had a fun day eating and hanging out at the Harries while everyone skyped, and then we went to Alastair’s for a dinner. Cooking is definitely one of his wife’s hobbies, which I enjoy. We had roasted leg of lamb, roasted potatoes and squash, and for dessert ice cream, this peach and biscuit thing (biscuit=cookie) and chocolate meringue. It was delicious. Alistair’s sister is visiting them from the UK and I think Alistair has been trying to explain to her that we are not a cult. Anyway, it was really nice except all these English born people were kinda making fun of me because I didn’t know what mint sauce was and I don’t usually use a knife while I eat (Alastair likes to to joke he has brought many American missionaries out of barbarianism). Anyway, so I ate well yesterday. After the dinner Alastair shared some very positive spiritual experiences with us and said he is about ready to set a date for baptism. That makes me very happy. I was a little worried because I guess Brother Saul told him a few Sundays [ago] to crap or get off the pot. I think this did bother him a little but he also recognizes that he needs to make a decision and get baptized.
Lets see what else happened this week. Sipho is doing really well, he came to church and has read up to1 Nephi chapter 12 in the Book of Mormon. He is just about ready for baptism. He just needs to get out to church a few more times.
Also, Lorraine and Andile, who I honestly thought might have been scared off by the talent show SMSed us this week to schedule an appointment, so I won’t be here for the appointment but good to know they are still hanging in there.
Well, I have really enjoyed Fish Hoek, and I am sad to go, its never really fun to get transferred, but I am excited to go to Port Elizabeth. As a zone leader, I will get to take a little road trip every transfer to George and Knysna to go on exchanges with Elders there, which are supposed to be like super pretty, so I am excited for that. Anyway, well love you all and have a great week!
Elder Martin
Below: Mission is getting some car upgrades. Me with my new Bentley. Elder Ndlovu opted for the Lotus. God Speed the Right.


No comments:
Post a Comment