Dear Everyone,
Its seems like I have the Monday morning what happened the last seven days brain fog. To make matters worse I seem to have misplaced my planner, making it hard for me to jog my memory.
Oh, ok its coming back now. Tuesday we had a skype call with all the Zone Leaders. It was pretty good, and we got the typical mission home deli sandwich buffet and delicious Sister Wood cookies. Its kinda funny, I have realized that there are only like 4 things that are ever eaten in the mission home. Breakfast: Pancakes and Egg Casserole. Lunch: make your own sandwich, chips and cookies. Dinner: Pizza or Steak and Chicken. I think when you go home [at the end of your mission] you get something a little different for dinner. Its all really good, I am not complaining, plus its not like I have really eaten at the mission home so many times.
Wednesday I got a call from Bishop Macmillan. The conversation started with: “Elder Martin, you haven’t spoken in Sacrament yet?” He assigned me to speak about Samuel Martin, which was actually really nice. I talked about his history and talked about three principles I have learned from his life, paying tithing, the ripple effects of missionary work, and the importance of recording our stories for future generations. I enjoyed preparing the talk and reading through his autobiography again. The places he mentions I know very well now. The rest of the service was very nice too. I also ended up teaching gospel principles and part of primary, which made for a very busy Sunday.
Sunday was also really nice because we had a lesson with Letti, one of our best investigators who we haven’t really seen for almost a month because her schedule is pretty hectic. We had left he the commitment to read two chapters in the Book of Mormon and pray about baptism. I was pretty pleased that she actually had kept the commitment and it led her to receive a spiritual prompting that she needed to be baptized. We have not set the date yet but we will on Thursday. Brother Clyde, a member of the Bishopric who has got a lot of enthusiasm for missionary work, invited Letti and us over Thursday for dinner and the lesson. Kind of how missionary work is actually supposed to work, which is pretty exciting.
I think that is really the highlights of the week. Stake Conference this weekend, and then transfers. Anyway, well love you all!
-Elder Martin
No comments:
Post a Comment