Monday, June 4, 2012

Time flies by


Hello Everyone,

Yes, the time does fly. I, too, am surprised it is already June. Its crazy to think I was in High School this time last year. I have had a lot of adventures since then.

This week was pretty good. The highlight was probably giving Anthony and Johnny baptism dates. Both are sweet guys, but Johnny especially is just a really kind man who is pretty lonely. He bought me and Elder Wolfgramm a chocolate pie to eat with him for our visit this week. It was funny, when Elder Wolfgramm asked for 5 sugars in his tea Johnny about flipped out. I think he has blood sugar problems or something. Anyway, he is a sweet guy and would be a great addition to the branch because he has a car and a lot of time to really magnify his future callings. 

Theo and Leville are still struggling. We thought we might have had a breakthrough with Leville and would see him at church, but I guess not. Theo is also really struggling, he hasn’t been to church in a month and like Elder Wolfgramm says, sometimes is getting “blown to the dome” instead of keeping appointments. Duwayne has faith he will come around eventually, and so do I. I just hope it happens soon. His mom lives on a farm outside of Port Elisabeth and I think we are going to encourage him to go live there for a few weeks to hopefully rehab a bit. 

What you said about Duwayne being pretty amazing is really true. He is the diamond in the rough. We took him fellowshipping like all day Saturday and Sunday—something he did very willingly. He is already a great teacher, and is for sure planning on a mission. One of his friends he was trying to share the gospel with totally gave him a bunch of Anti-Mormon print outs, which didn’t even phase him. He is a powerful guy.

We actually spent a fair amount of time Saturday in Helenvale where he is from and it is super-ghetto. One really drunk old lady wanted Elder Wolfgramm to kiss her. Townships have really strengthened my testimony of the Word of Wisdom. 

I am trying to think of anything else that happened this week. Oh yes, the Naidoo family gave us a scare. Rajan has been dealing with some work issues, and was going to take a job in Kokstad, which isn’t in our mission and we don’t think there is a branch there. It was really sudden and was going to throw a serious curve ball at Prineta’s baptism and his continued activity but fortunately is didn’t work out, which I think was definitively an answer to our prayers.

Well, that was just about it for the week. Zone Conference is tomorrow which is exciting. This transfer has really blown past. I could be headed somewhere else in a few weeks, but I really hope I get another one here in Cleary. Love you all!

-Elder Martin 

No comments:

Post a Comment