Monday, July 15, 2013

60 pass along cards in 15 minutes

It was a pretty busy week this week. Monday we had a nice FHE with the Bells, we played a few games with the family (one is called Chinese Numbers, I am not sure if you know it, I remember Andrew playing it a couple years back). Babalwa, the 14 year old especially enjoyed it. 

Monday night we prepped Candice for her Baptismal interview. She was interviewed by Elder Myende on Thursday. She is solid. She was out of town this weekend, but she will be getting baptized this Sunday, so that is pretty exciting. 

I can’t remember which day it was, like Tuesday and Wednesday we went to the main road in town, Govan Mbeki Avenue and dumped like 60 pass along cards in 15 minutes. Hopefully we start getting some of those DVD referrals.

My exchange with the Assistants was fine. We have kinda an interesting pair of Assistants right now. The senior one, Elder Browning, the one I went with is really chill. Like not in a bad way, but he is very relaxed. We taught two of our recent converts, Appolonia, who made delicious muffins (she always makes muffins for us). We actually didn’t really teach her, she taught us. Because of her work, she can only come for the first 20 minutes of church, so she leaves right after the sacrament. We have started going over Gospel Principles lessons with her, alternating she teaching us one and we teaching her one. 

We then went an taught the Bells. We had a really nice lesson with them about prayer. I asked Babalwa if she had felt a difference since her confirmation. She kinda laughed a little but then told us a story about how the day before (which was her birthday) she had been at the Mall with her friend and was about ready to get a second ear piercing but at the last minute decided she shouldn’t. I was very proud of her. We had talked a little about piercings with her but not much (looking back she had told us she wanted another set of earrings a while back). I was very pleased to see her attitude and desires change since she has been baptized. I think this whole story was news to her Mom, thats why she was kinda laughing. 

Friday was Zone Training and interviews. I like it better when we don’t have to give some of the training. How it works is half our zone comes, we present a training while President pulls people out to interview them. Then our whole zone comes, President gives a training and then we have lunch, and then we training the second half while president interviews. Our training I think went much better the second time. The training was on teaching repentance.

As always, I really loved President’s training. His training we on Grace, and most of the time was spend watching a talk on Grace. It was given by Brad Wilcox as a BYU devotional in July of 2011 and is called “His Grace is Sufficient.” I think I had actually read it before, but I encourage every one who can to listen to it or read it. It has definitely helped me understand how grace works a lot better. I think there is a lot of confusion about this subject both in and outside the Church. 

This week we are headed to George and Knysna again (whoo hoo!). Also, Gatorball was a big hit. Everyone loved it. I think we are playing it again, hopefully no one gets hurt. 

Anyway, Love you all!

Elder Martin 

No comments:

Post a Comment