Well, I had a good week. Monday we had some nice FHE’s, one with the Bells and another with the students at NMMU—they are all back. I was excited to meet Mthetheleli again. He was baptized by Elder Bangerter in Kwanobuhle at the beginning of his mission, and came to church in Cleary on Elder Bangerters last Sunday. We met with him for a few minutes on Sunday and had a nice chat.
Tuesday I went on exchanges to Cleary again, this time to the driving area. It was nice to see some people again, I got to chat with Sister Pyne for a while. I also saw Duwayne but just for a second.
On Wednesday we had a nice chat with a student named Luvoyo, who was coming to church before he left for a month during the school holiday. I think he wants to be baptized and has accepted a date, but is having a few concerns about how it will effect some of his friendships. I am confident he will get there though, he seems like a pretty solid guy.
We had some other nice lessons and have been finding some new investigators. We have a pretty busy week a head of us! It is also week six, and I wonder what will happen in terms of transfers. I could go or I could stay, we’ll see.
I finally tried mom’s overnight bread recipe! I did it once and it turned out ok, I cooked it like in a thick porcelain dish and the inside was a little underdone inside. Then I made another batch, in the hopes of making it that night so some other Elders who were spending the night could enjoy it, but we got back kinda late so I was working on it late. Everyone was in bed while it was still in the oven. I think I put it in the oven at 10 but at 10:30 it was needed more time, so I went to lay on my bed and fell asleep and woke up at 11:20. The bread really wasn’t that burnt, but the crust was pretty crispy. I am going to try to make it more.
Anyway, that was kinda the week. We had a cool experience tracting on Sunday. The first door we knocked on, a young-ish white lady answered and seemed very surprised, and when we started talking to her she told us that she was shocked because right before the knock she was saying a prayer telling God she would follow in his footsteps.
We have an appointment on Thursday, hopefully she goes somewhere.
Anyway, well, love you all!
-Elder Martin
![]() |
| My bread |
![]() |
|
Elders Martin & Myende Celebrate our 18th click day! (with sparkling grape juice)
|


No comments:
Post a Comment