Monday, July 1, 2013

New Transfer, New Comp

Well, this week was a good and eventful one. Monday and Tuesday were mostly Elder Washburn saying goodbye to people. Tuesday night we went to Cleary to eat dinner with Auntie Genie (I am not sure why, seeing as Elder Washburn never served in Cleary before) but it was fun. Wednesday morning was a little hectic. Elder Washbun realized he lost one of his memory cards and FREAKED OUT and wanted to drive back to Cleary (like a 20 min drive) to look for it about 30 minutes before he needed to be at the airport. Anyway, but once we unloaded him and Zarbock at the airport things settled down a lot. I went and picked up Elder Tonge who is serving in Knysna, his companion had to catch a bus early Wednesday morning to East London and stayed with the Lorraine ward Elders. We had McDonalds breakfast with them and then went back to clean our flat and throw away all the crap Elder Washburn left. Then a few hours later Elder Myende, Elder Cossey’s new comp arrived, he got driven up from Ghramstown by kinda  a funny new senior couple. He needed to get some new pants so we went to the store, and got ambushed by this guy who wanted to bash about how we believe we can become gods. It was kinda interesting but then he got pretty personal and told Elder Cossey he didn’t know Jesus. At the point I got everyone just to walk away. Doesn’t he know its transfer day!? 

Then me and Elder Tonge kinda hung out the rest of the day, did some tracting waiting for our companion’s bus to get into town. There was some confusion about which bus station they were coming to and we were racing up and down looking for them, but the bus ended up being like an hour late so no stress. 

Our new district is interesting. Elder Myende is from my transfer, he is pretty funny, I think he will keep me sane this transfer. Elder Carlson is really nice. He is a really good missionary, it will be good to work with him. 

Sunday was pretty exciting, Babalwa and Junior got baptized, and they both asked me to baptize them. They also had me speak, so I did the Sister Clark candy bar and mouse trap object lesson, which I think they enjoyed. I have been wanting to do that for a while at a baptism, I’m glad I had the opportunity to do it. 

Another cool thing was that last Sunday Elder Washburn taught Gospel Principles and asked for volunteers from the class to teach next Sunday, and Candice volunteered. She taught about baptism and did really well. It was a little interesting having a non-member teach, but she is really excited to become a member of the church. We taught her about tithing on Sunday and she is really excited to pay tithing. She also was kinda showed some anti-mormon stuff by a friend but is still pretty unshaken. So that was cool. 

So that was kinda the week. It was a good one. Its a little different having Elder Zarbock and Washburn gone. The first week or two of transfers is always a little awkward, trying to figure out everyone else. But I think it will be a good transfer. Anyway, well Love you all! 


-Elder Martin 

Babalwa & Junior Bell's Basptism
Elders Martin, Zarbock, Washburn, and Cossey at the airport


No comments:

Post a Comment