Its been a good day, we hiked Lions Head and went to eat at this “Eastern Food Bizarre” food court, got some nice Indian food. Tomorrow is a leadership training that should also be pretty good.
The week has been nice as well, with its usual up and downs. I was in Fish Hoek on Tuesday which was pretty fun. Seems like the Elders there are doing a good job. Everyone in their teaching pool are people I tracted into pretty much. Hopefully some of there investigators get baptized soon. Sipho and Nomsa I guess are doing super well and are on date for September to get baptized with their oldest kid Kamva who I think is like 10? Anyway, I was jazzed about that even though I didn’t seem them. I did get to see Sherrington again which was great, such a funny guy. The two highlights were them trying to sing hymns to me, without having any clue how the tune goes. It reminded me of the part in [the movie] Elf where he is singing the song to the dad. It was still touching in a way, Agnus said her favorite hymn was “Families Can Be Together Forever” she has been coming to Church a lot, but not quite ready for baptism yet. The other highlight was Agnus getting like super dressed up to take a picture with me and Sherrington getting mad cause he wasn’t as dressed up.
I am struggling a little to remember what else happened this week.
I don’t think we had that productive of days on Wednesday. Oh we had another Skype call with Australia. But Thursday we found this Congolese guy named Bertinea (kinda a weird name) who apparently is like super tight with a member of our ward (still haven’t quite figured it out yet) but we taught him on friday and had a good lesson, he seems like he could really progress. We taught some other solid people of Friday. Saturday I was on exchange with the walking Elders in our district, but it wasn’t much of an exchange because most of the day was spent trying to paint Brother Mike’s wall. We did not have the paint right and instead of white it turned out more gray, so we are going to have to do it again.
Sunday was an alright day, the three people we expected to come to church didn’t come but this lady we invited did come with her two kids.Hopefully they enjoyed it. Anyway, well life is pretty good, enjoying my time with Elder Khoni.
Love,
Elder Martin
![]() |
|
Sherrington and Agnus
|
![]() |
|
Cape Central ZLs on Lions Head
|
![]() |
| My giant Roti and chips |



No comments:
Post a Comment