So I am kinda struggling to recall what happened this week. I blew a bunch of money on Admirals, the all you can eat buffet. Not so awesome the 3rd time around, but I did eat a lot of sushi, my new favorite food.
Elder Myende just got his transfer news, he is going to Mdantsane to be a Zone Leader. Thats pretty cool but it kinda bums me out because I really like Elder Myende. But I think he is pretty excited, he has served in MD before and really liked it. As for me, no news yet, I’ll find out tonight. When I was giving reports to the APs last night, Elder Chikara kinda told me I was going to stay with Carlson, but APs like to play mind games so who knows. I expect to stay.
I talked to Elder Burton and Elder Ndlovu last night, who are still in Fish Hoek. Sounds like Sipo and Nomsa, that sweet family we were teaching, is really close to baptism, which made me pretty happy, I really wondered what became of them.
Teaching wise this week was pretty routine. We were able to have members come with us to most of out lessons. We have gotten a nice pool of people to take with us, and a number of people have asked us to them them with us more often. On tuesday we had two students from NMMU with us, Spooks (short for Spoxolo) and Mthethelili a guy Elder Bangerter baptized like 3+ years ago. They were pretty powerful. It definitely made me consider the importance of involving members in teaching. We have got a few students who are progressing nicely, and we also have some who are pretty interesting.
We had a nice dinner appointment with the American family (the Kibblers) last night. They are such a powerhouse, we were like following them the whole day Sunday. We were visiting some members who are struggling and like everywhere we went the people were like, yeah the Kibblers were here earlier today. They also made us some legit home made ice cream. They had just gotten back from a three week, 50 hours in the plane trip to the states and spent 6 days in Hawaii, half of which they spent at Turtle Bay, so it was fun to talk with them about Hawaii.
Anyway, its was a good week, I am interested and anxious to see what happens to our Zone. Anyway, Love you all!
-Elder Martin
|
Oh, and I haven't made the bread again. I keep thinking about it but then I forget.
I did make this this week! Chipati and Curry. |
No comments:
Post a Comment