Well, we are flying out in a few hours for our Eastern Cape Adventure. We will be flying into EL and then driving 2 1/2 hours to Queenstown, spending a few days there, then heading to Mthatha, then going back to EL for the MD Zone Leaders exchanges.
So Tuesday was our last Zone Conference. Glad we are done with that. Wednesday we had our MLC skype call, and President got pretty mad when our vehicle coordinator said that people did not wash there cars on Monday like they had been instructed too (Elder France did inspections while we were at Zone Conference. So all offender’s cars are parked our have been given to walking Elders for the rest of the week. It turned out a lot of the Cars Elder France felt weren’t washed had been, and one zone didn’t pass on the SMS so they were spared. Only 3 cars are parked including our Assistants (shame). I got to make those calls yesterday, it was pretty fun. I also got to tell a few walking companionship’s they were getting a car, which was even more fun. They were all pretty stoked. Our car was spotless, but I don’t think Elder France even inspected it cause we were not even on the list.
Yesterday I was also on exchanges with Elder Oveson, a new Elder. He is a stud! From Utah, but raised by totally inactive parents and joined the church when he was 19 (I think he is 21). He is a great missionary. I enjoyed the exchange a lot, it made me want to train again. We taught the non-member father of a returning LA family, it went really well I think we will be able to extend a Baptismal Date next time we see him. His name is Zizi.
We just got back from dinner with President and Sister Wood. It was Elder Jone’s (I know I need to send you a picture) birthday yesterday and so President took us out. We went to a mexican food restaurant I have been wanting to go for a long time know, its called Panchos. It was good, but still definitely not Patties.
Friday we did another exchange. I was with Elder Radabe, who I was on exchanges with like 3 weeks ago, my last week as a Zone Leader. He is now a zone leader in the Cape North zone. It was a little bit interesting cause we had a full day in our area and I wasn’t really sure what to do. We ended up tracting a sketch neighborhood in Retreat, it was kinda interesting.
Saturday we got some office stuff done, taught a lesson then joined the Woods and the senior couples conference at the mission home. Later that night we got a call from one of the zone leaders in Cape Town. One of their districts and another companionship in another district was out really late (10:30+), they were braaing with some members. I felt like it was the Cuban missile crisis, we weren’t sure when we should call President. They ended up getting home right before we did, (there phone was “out of service”). Anyway, so we went and talked to them a little Sunday morning. Kinda some rebellious Elders, its too bad.
General Conference was great, there were a lot of talks I really enjoyed it. The first session was perfect for Africa. Elder Soares talking about that member in Soweto (Elder Soares was in the area Presidency here for a while, and he spoke to my group in the MTC), Elder Dube, first Stake President in Zimbabwe, Elder Bednar’s super powerful talk about tithing (President Wood did a fist pump when Elder Bednar invited those who are not full tithe payers “to consider their ways and repent”) and President Uchtdorf’s talk about joining with us was perfect for Alastair, I think he was out of town though, I’ll have to email him a link.
Sunday was also great, so many talks that I loved. One that I enjoyed was Bishop Causse about no strangers in the Church. Him talking about people being led out of their homelands to places where they can receive the Gospel made me think of a lot of people I have met here (like Sherrington).
Anyway, well, love you all!
-Elder Martin
No comments:
Post a Comment