Dear Elder Martin
I can’t believe you have only a few more months left on your mission. Today in seminary we were discussing 1 Nephi 4:6.
And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.
Has this scripture helped you while serving your mission? I bet it is really hard in South Africa. Is it hard to talk to people? How has being obedient helped you? I am grateful for your example as a missionary.
E.A.
If you have time to shoot our class back a response, that would be great!
Thanks
Sister S.
Dear E.A./Sister S.,
I can’t believe I only have a few months left either. Pretty crazy. You asked me about 1 Nephi 4:6, to be honest I wasn’t at first exactly sure what this scripture said, but I love that chapter. Yes, there have been a few times on my mission when I wasn’t sure what to do and like Nephi had to rely on the spirit. Two instances that stick out of my mind, and both are pretty similar. Both occurred when I was new in an area where not much was happening in terms of teaching and we needed to find more investigators. I prayed that we could find people. The first instance, we where working in a college rez following up on people who had been taught before. None of them seemed interested. I prayed we could find some people to teach. A few minutes later I felt impressed to knock on a door, inside the room where 4 young women, one of which should be getting baptized this Sunday. The second experience is similar, although the direction did not come as quickly. I prayed to find some people, and waited for a prompting where to start tracting. I felt impressed to just start tracting anywhere. I tracted most of that community in my six months there and we found lots of investigators, but about 5 weeks after I got there we found a wonderful family that got baptized a few weeks ago.
I think we have it pretty easy in South Africa. Many people here are prepared and willing to learn more about the Savior. I think I have gotten ok at talking to people, but sometimes it can be a little difficult to talk to people. Being obedient has helped me have a successful mission and to be happy. Good luck!
-Elder Martin
No comments:
Post a Comment