Monday, October 28, 2013

Pretty Normal Week

Well, as things go, this was a pretty routine week. We pretty much had travel plans figured out by Tuesday, an effort being mocked by the fact that two missionaries are now coming in (not four). There has also been some other changes.

So interesting story about missionaries being stupid. So missionaries were at a Braai with a recent convert who seems to cause a lot of problems (She was in part responsible for a certain ET that occurred when I was in Fish Hoek). Anyway, so this lady’s mom, who is not a member, wanted some booze, so the missionaries drove this recent convert to the liquor store to get some booze for the mom. While they were there I guess a member spotted them (even though they were in their P-days [clothes]) and told the bishop. So they told the zone leaders who told us, and we told President this morning. He was not happy. 

Other funny stuff that happened to me this week. Elder Hixon, in retaliation to me slapping him across the face when he was trying to tickle me, pulled the base boards out from my bed, so that night when I was flopping down with my full bowl of honey bunches (which was on sale here for 2 for 20 Rand) my mattress went right to the floor and my cereal and milk went everywhere. One miracle from this experience is that we happened to have extra bedding for me. Another funny thing is that Elder Nkosi called me on Friday to sing me happy birthday, I kept trying to get him to stop and he didn’t until I kinda yelled “Dude, my Birthday isn’t till next month.” I guess Elder Gillespie thought it was in October and had told him that. 

Our baptism on Sunday was really nice. She was baptized by the 1st Councillor in the Bishopric, who is really a stud. 

We also had some sweet lessons this week. There is a Zimbabwean family we have taught the restoration too who seem very promising. The wife especially seems very receptive and already told us she feels the Book of Mormon is true. 

On Saturday we had an Elders Quorum activity, we did a cool hike above Hout Bay. It was good exercise and Hout Bay is really beautiful. 

Anyway, well that’s all for now. I’ll try to email later! 

Love,

Elder Martin 


Elders Martin and Jones above Hout Bay.


No comments:

Post a Comment